Keep Your Pet Safe This Easter
At Easter, it is important to remember that many of the delicious seasonal treats that are around at the moment could potentially be very harmful to our pets.
What we consider to be treats can be extremely dangerous for our furry friends - chocolate, raisins, sultanas and currants should all be avoided, as ingestion can be toxic, even fatal. Please ensure all chocolate goodies and hot cross buns are kept well out of your pets reach, and if you have children ask them not to feed your pets anything.
Keep your pet on their normal diet and avoid giving them any of your leftovers as it may cause an upset tummy, or worse. Do not give your pet cooked bones; they can splinter or get lodged in your pet’s throat, fracture teeth or cause serious internal damage if swallowed.
If you suspect your pet has eaten anything poisonous, it is very important that you contact us straight away - the sooner we can take action, the better.